Latin Catholic by birth, Byzantine Catholic by the grace of God.
Pro: Restoration of the Holy and Universal Christian Roman Empire.
Caveat: The author makes no claim to being an exemplar of Catholicism or Monarchism (or blogging).
Under the patronage of St. George. Please view at 1024x768.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, New York, United States

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Blowing more smoke than a chimney

T&A has been accepted into The League of Evil Traditionalists, run by Steve Skojec, A.K.A. Evil Steve, A.K.A. Darth Traditionis. I extend my thanks His Evilness and also to Fiat Mihi for the call-to-action whereupon the League caught my eye.

Lord Traditionis' instinct for nicknames serves the dramatic flair of such an organization well. Yet the group's name makes me think more of The Legion of Doom, so that if I were to bemoniker myself, it'd be with something along the lines of Baron von Backward.

Of course, this is a terrible idea. Strike it from the record. In college, during an ill-ended drinking game, I once tried to get my friends to call me "Seamus," which certainly contributed to the aforementioned sour finale. We will speak no more of this, either.

***

Merci to Edward Yong, who has added T&A to his blog roll. I picked up on his blog many moons ago via the Byzantine Catholic Forum (see Note 1). I thought I had seen a lot of different liturgies in my day, until reading of Mr. Yong's globe-trotting church habits.

Also grazie to Idle Mendacity, which I just learned of from his link here. Looks good prima facie. (That's enough foreignisms for today.)

***

Note 1: The Byzantine Catholic Forum is the only place on the web where you can be verbally abused in posts that are signed "Your Humble Servant." Odd.

It's also the only Catholic forum where it is more PC to bash the orthodox than The Orthodox. Folks so hot to defend their traditions (and rightfully so) would do well to remember that one of these traditions is being Catholic. God forbid someone suggest that those persons who broke off during The Great Schism are actually ... schismatics. "A=A" as our dear godless friend Ayn Rand would say.

But I still love you, American ByzCaths; why can't you love me back?

1 Comments:

Blogger N. Trandem said...

Baron von Backward, eh? I like it!

Darth Liturgicus

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 9:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home