Latin Catholic by birth, Byzantine Catholic by the grace of God.
Pro: Restoration of the Holy and Universal Christian Roman Empire.
Caveat: The author makes no claim to being an exemplar of Catholicism or Monarchism (or blogging).
Under the patronage of St. George. Please view at 1024x768.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, New York, United States

Monday, March 27, 2006

My dad is stronger than your dad!

Posted on an Eastern Catholic Board:

"Just who is, and who is not, 'Orthodox' is a great sport on many 'Orthodox' forums. More 'Orthodox than thou' is a common trial. It is all a variant on the 'My Dad is stronger than your Dad' theme. Other examples are: 'My calendar is older than your calendar' or 'My praxis is stricter than your praxis' or 'My schism is more recent than your schism' etc. etc. etc."

What jolly good fun! How about:
  • "My priest's vestments are frillier than your priest's vestments!"
  • "My indult parish is more oppressed by the diocese than your indult parish!"
  • "My Distributism is more equalitarian than your Distributism!"
  • "My eye's splinter is a lot smaller than your eye's!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home