Latin Catholic by birth, Byzantine Catholic by the grace of God.
Pro: Restoration of the Holy and Universal Christian Roman Empire.
Caveat: The author makes no claim to being an exemplar of Catholicism or Monarchism (or blogging).
Under the patronage of St. George. Please view at 1024x768.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, New York, United States

Sunday, September 18, 2005

No mercy for Istanbul

Check out the Hagia Sophia Blog. This one is floating around all the hip blogs recently. The Hagia Sophia should be a church, not a museum or a mosque. Yes, yes, yes.



Why doesn't Greece just take it back? It belongs to them; or at least more them than anyone else still around. The Turks have no right to anything - anything - and letting them play patty-cake with the Euroligarchy is sad.

Where's a Comnenus when you need him?

4 Comments:

Blogger Blogger said...

We agree, and we've blogged on this very topic.

Sunday, September 18, 2005 3:49:00 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

I don't know how many kind things I can say about Islam, but I do have to say that I admire Arab culture quite a bit, in some ways.

Monday, September 19, 2005 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger Guy Haraldsson said...

Jeff: I wish I could be as optimistic as you are, I really do.

Monday, September 19, 2005 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger Guy Haraldsson said...

Eschatologically, I'm an optimist, but it rather stops there.

Although the Gates of Hell shall never prevail, it's entirely possible that in the days before the Second Coming, the only Catholics left are the Pope and a handful of Samoans.

Mohammedanism, being wrong, is inherently less stable than Catholicism. But, we have little spiritual leadership right now and zero temporal leadership.

So certainly Mohammedanism will fall to dust, like all other falsehoods have and will, sometime. But I have a feeling it'll take half (or more) of the world and billions of souls with it.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 5:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home