Latin Catholic by birth, Byzantine Catholic by the grace of God.
Pro: Restoration of the Holy and Universal Christian Roman Empire.
Caveat: The author makes no claim to being an exemplar of Catholicism or Monarchism (or blogging).
Under the patronage of St. George. Please view at 1024x768.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, New York, United States

Friday, July 29, 2005

Church quiz; Indian funnies; NOR swag

You scored as Institutional Model. Your model of the church is institutional. Jesus established all church hierarchy, which depends upon the Holy Spirit to guide all the members to the Father's will. The hierarchy is responsible for teaching, sanctifying, and governing. Lay persons are responsible for obeying and adhering to the official teaching of the hierarchy. This model can become rigid or narrow if not complemented by other appropriate models.



Institutional Model

95%

Sacrament model

72%

Mystical Communion Model

67%

Herald Model

56%

Servant Model

17%

What is your model of the church? [Dulles]
created with QuizFarm.com

As an Institutional-model Catholic, I say that church in the example is way under-ornamented.

***

A clever photo for the true hard-core reactionaries in the audience:


***

Hey, Chester! Buy some gear from the New Oxford Review. It'll make Fr. Flapdoodle really angry.

8 Comments:

Blogger Blogger said...

We got the Institutional Model, too!

Friday, July 29, 2005 10:33:00 PM  
Blogger N. Trandem said...

Models... pfah! Just more evidence that His Emminence Avery Cardinal Dulles is wack.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 8:39:00 PM  
Blogger Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

Come on Nicholas, what did you get? I know you took the thing.

I got Institutional. I'm sure Cardinal Dulles thought it an insult, all the cool kids were supposed to get "sacramental" with a smattering of Fr. Flapdoodle to prove how progressive the "conservatives" can be.

So I was kind of glad that Avery Dulles thinks I'm stodgy.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

I'll tell you a funny Avery Dulles story. I attended the Institute on Religious Life's annual meeting in Chicago a couple of years ago. I knew some of the organizers and so was invited to have breakfast on the second morning with Cardinal Dulles and a few traddie friends. We were all (in cahoots of course) under forty, in other words, all born after the Great and Glorious Council that was supposed to free us from Oppression and Pre-Conciliar Models of Church. And we chatted with him about how, from three different major North American cities, we all attended the Tridentine Mass as regularly as we could. Some daily, and the ones who couldn't make it daily, said they'd like to.

He was stunned. He asked, "So you all go to the Old Mass? Do they say the Last Gospel? Are there a lot of younger people who go?"

He really had had absolutely no idea that there was a revival, so locked was he in his tiny little neo-Cath libby mindset.

It was a lovely moment.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:36:00 AM  
Blogger N. Trandem said...

My favorite is when the Dull Cardinal called us Traditionalists rotten parents.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger N. Trandem said...

And no, I didn't take it. I want nothing to do with His Emminence Dullwit or his flawed Zeitgeist Theology.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

Oh yes, I remember that one now. I was momentarily furious until I remembered how utterly clueless he had been when confronted with a group of nice, cheerful young trads.

It seems to be a common theme among Them. They seem to be absolutely assured that Traddiness is so awful and evil, but when asked for clear definitions, they reveal that they are barking at a scarecrow.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

ah yes, I remember better now. Re reading it I see that the thing that infuriated me was not his idiotic description of me and my friends, but his glowing encomium of himself and his Americanist idea. Oooo... I can feel it burning me up as I type.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 11:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home