Latin Catholic by birth, Byzantine Catholic by the grace of God.
Pro: Restoration of the Holy and Universal Christian Roman Empire.
Caveat: The author makes no claim to being an exemplar of Catholicism or Monarchism (or blogging).
Under the patronage of St. George. Please view at 1024x768.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, New York, United States

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Cumprimentos

Let me extend a welcome to visitors arriving here from A Casa De Sarto, a Trad Catholic blog written in Portuguese, which has sent T&A a nice trickle of daily visitors. From what I can tell, it's from Portugal, the blessed land of Fatima, and not Brazil (which has an active Trad community of its own).

I'm tickled to be linked to a foreign-language blog. If, like me, you don't speak Portuguese, run the site through Babel Fish to get an idea of what's going on.

Sadly, God has not graced me with a gift for languages. I have a sister who speaks three tongues fluently and two poorly, so she must have gotten all the linguistic genes in the family. After three years of high school French, I remember nothing; after trying to teach myself German, I can say, "Wo kann Ich Fleisch kaufen?" So if I ever run into HH Benedict XVI, at least we can sit down for a bratwurst.

The wonders of Babel Fish did allow me to appreciate it somewhat, and to extend the following greeting.

***

Deixe-me estender uma boa vinda aos visitantes que chegam aqui de A Casa De Sarto, um blog Catholic de Trad escrito no Português, que emitiu a T&A um trickle agradável de visitantes diários. De o que eu posso dizer, é de Portugal, a terra blessed de Fatima, e não de Brasil (qual tem uma comunidade ativa de Trad do seus próprios).

Eu sou agradado para ser ligado a um blog da extrangeiro-língua. Se, como mim, você não falar o Português, funcione o local através dos peixes de Babel para começar uma idéia de o que está indo sobre.

Sadly, o Deus não graced me com um presente para línguas. Eu tenho uma irmã que fale três lingüetas fluently e dois mal, assim que deve ter começado todos os genes lingüísticos na família. Após três anos do Francês da High School, eu não recordo nada; após tentar ensinar-se o Alemão, eu posso dizer, do "Wo kann Ich Fleisch kaufen?" Assim se eu funcionar sempre em HH Benedict XVI, ao menos nós podemos sentar-se para baixo para uma bratwurst.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muito obrigado pelas suas palavaras simpáticas!

JSarto

Friday, April 29, 2005 10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home