Latin Catholic by birth, Byzantine Catholic by the grace of God.
Pro: Restoration of the Holy and Universal Christian Roman Empire.
Caveat: The author makes no claim to being an exemplar of Catholicism or Monarchism (or blogging).
Under the patronage of St. George. Please view at 1024x768.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate, New York, United States

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Anniversary; God give us a King!

Hey, my two-year blog-o-versary passed a few weeks ago, and I didn't even notice!

It ain't easy being me, I'll tell you. No respect, no respect at all. My work is so forgettable that it even slips my mind.

***

There is not much to say about the blah-blah over John Roberts. He's Catholic, probably cCatholic, and doesn't have much of a written opinion trail.

Oh, wait, there is one thing: Fuss over Supreme Court nominations can be added to the list of things that make my soul scream out its desire to be ruled by the strong arm of a benevolent, yet hyper-masculine King.

Imagine the blissful tedium of knowing who's going to run the country for your entire life. And the judiciary is filled from the Lords by seniority, with no suprises. No more election nights spent praying to God and the Blessed Virgin that candidate who kills fewer babies and steals fewer dollars than the other one is the victor.

Even if pre- and post-natal rapine still take place, there is no more False Hope to shoulder. And so many reporters would lose their jobs in the Humdrum World Order, which alone is edifying.

This is THE HOLY BOREDOM.

3 Comments:

Blogger N. Trandem said...

Amen.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 6:41:00 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

I like the "McCatholic" thing. Mind if I use that one sometime?

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 7:17:00 PM  
Blogger Guy Haraldsson said...

Feel free. It was invented for the "Novus McOrdo," but "McCatholic" and "McChurch" are good, too.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 7:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home